Charging directly is not always possible, a lot of factors determine if I am able to charge your Insurance directly. It is always recommended you call your insurance company first and get the following information.
- Does my plan allow Registered Massage Therapist to charge directly to the insurance company?
- Will the funds go to my service provider or the insured member?
- Does your insurance company require a doctor's note to get reimbursed?
- When is the start and finish of the fiscal year?
- How much does the member get per year, per family member?
- How much does the insurance company pay per treatment?
Once it is determined direct billing is possible I will attempt to charge the insurance at the time of your appointment. At this point however, your insurance company has an option to not pay for the treatment although they allow direct billing there is a chance your treatment will get audited. In this situation you are responsible to pay for your treatment and a receipt will be issued
A list of Insurance companies I can attempt to bill directly:
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- FIRST CANADIAN
- GREAT WEST LIFE
- INDUSTRIAL ALLIANCE
- JOHNSTON GRP
- MAXIMUM BENEFIT
- SUN LIFE FINANCIAL
- GREEN SHEILD
- BLUE CROSS